Friday, October 13, 2006

Red Desert Scissor Pocket SAL & Snow!

Here is a picture of my Red Desert Scissor Pocket that I am doing as a SAL with some other wonderful stitchers. Leila has a list on her sidebar, if anyone would care to join us on this, or just wants to check our progress! If you check them out, you will see we all start a little different!



And... just because it seems ironic to me that I am stitching a 'Desert' design, here is what we woke up to on Thursday morning!! Today we had even more, as it covered the grass, and the overpasses and bridges were very slippery on the way to work! Crazy Michigan weather... they say it will be in 60's by Sunday again! (Good thing... I am not quite ready for winter!)


I have the weekend off!!! WooHoo!!! I'm just going to laze around the house, do some laundry, play in my stash, and stitch!! That's the plan anyway... Next weekend is the 'Grand Re-opening' of the Meijer's I work at. We just went thru an extensive re-model, and I guess they think we need to have this! Still some kinks to work out there -- now that it is colder outside, the heat has kicked in, and our office was a cozy 80 degrees today!! I think some adjustment is needed!! (I thought I was having a major hot flash! LOL) It was a weird day today anyway. We had our Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser, and for a donation, we were allowed to wear jeans and pink shirts. It felt like I wasn't even working! Pink balloons and pink ribbons were the decor on the check-out lanes... looked rather nice! One of our Service Coordinators is a Survivor -- and has since adopted two little boys! -- so, we do this up pretty big at our store. Please... all remember to do your self-checks!!

Off to read some blogs, and get some stitching time... Tonight is the monthly Fish Fry at Wacousta, and we invited my son and his girlfriend to join us!

Thanks for reading and your comments!

Stitching on today: Dinky-Dyes Designs "Cottage Garden" - from my stash!

12 comments:

Lelia said...

Woot! Yes, we all got this one started. The border is so pretty in that silk color. I had a hard time putting this one back in the basket until next week. I hope to get the rest of the stitching & eyelets done next week. I am sure the finishing will take me longer.

Tonight is the homecoming football game at the high school. There is a fish fry, etc. Nick said the bonfire should be interesting with all this wind. He said the marching band has very warm uniforms.

all the joys. TGIF

Meari said...

I woke up to snow on Thur too! Couldn't even see the top of my car. Brrr.

Jenn L in Chicago said...

I didn't wake up to snow, but I did have a mini-blizzard outside my boss' window at about 10 am. It's fun and novel and exciting now... gimme a month and I'll be begging for April.

And the Meijer that my ex works at(remember, we're in IL!) is also celebrating YOUR "grand re-opening". Go figure.

Anne S said...

Your SAL is coming along great already - it looks like a fun stitch :) Always seems weird hearing about your weather changes heading into winter, as we're heating up for summer ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice start, ver pretty. Sorry about the snow :)

Kali said...

Desert Pocket is off to a great start! This snow is completely unfair, I measured an inch on my deck in the morning! Thankfully its all gone now and will hopefully STAY gone for a good long while :)
We're going to have that fun with one of the Meijer here in town as Wal-Mart got their ok to build a Supercenter so they are expanding, after working at Wal-Mart for 7 years and knowing how they do business I just want to tell them to take a hike LOL

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Kudos to you and you're weekend off...I'm on my break today (Saturday) while I'm at work....
Love your start on your scissors keep/case. I'm having fun reading everyone's updates! You're right everyone starts differently!
Stay Warm!!
:o)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you took a very organized approach to starting this design. It's beautiful!

BeckySC said...

It's looking good, Myrna :)

Make sure you keep that dusting of snow up there :) LOL! It did get colder here yesterday...in the 30's last night! BRRRR :) :) :)

Enjoy the weekend my friend :)

Barb said...

Your off to a good start on the SAL. I woke up to snow Thurs. also. Fortunately it didn't stay. But I was glad to see it cool down!

Cathy B said...

Wow! You made great progress. This one is a lot of fun to stitch!

Lelia said...

btw, my e-mail[s] to you are bouncing back. Not sure why. Says your box is 'full'

Thank you for your e-mail. I was not on-line much. More soon