Tuesday, July 18, 2006

SBQ - Catch up!

I've missed quite a few weeks of the SBQ, so, I'm thinking I'll try to catch up before the next one!

June 21, 2006
Today's SBQ was suggested by
Vash and is:

Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you
find it helpful?

I have one... I have used it a couple times on smaller count fabric, and have also used magnifying glasses. For the most part, I just stitch regular.

June 29, 2006
Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:

What do you do with your charts once you've stitched them? Do you keep
them or dispose of them? If you keep them, do you organize them in a
way that is different from the way you keep your unstitched charts?

After I stitch a chart, I usually will put them in a box to share with my sister, or my stitching friends. If it is something I might want to stitch again, I file it back into the file system.

July 5, 2006
Today's SBQ was suggested by
Vash and is:

What is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material
(i.e. spillages)?

Right off hand, I can't think of any, but, in all the years of stitching, I'm sure there is at least one! I try to be very careful around my stitching, and wash my hands a lot! I guess the one I remember is spilling coffee on a project, and when I finished stitching it... I dunked the whole project in the coffee pot to give it an aged look. It worked! The 'stain' didn't show, and when it dried it had the old time look.

July 12, 2006
Today's SBQ was suggested by
Carol and is:

Since you started blogging, have you noticed any difference in your
stitching habits? Tell us about them.

Yes! I think bloggers are great enablers! I have found designs that I might never have looked at without reading blogs. Reading and looking at other blogs and WIP's have broadened my stitching interests. Also, joining in a few exchanges has been great fun, and I have tried different finishing techniques. I find myself taking pictures of my own WIP to share, and enjoy receiving comments from other bloggers encouraging me in my stitching... as I also try to comment on other blogs.

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Good Answers to the SBQs. And, I so agree that blogging 'enables' us to the max :D