Monday, July 10, 2006

Questions and Answers....

Abi had asked me about the conversion on my Bent Creek Swirly Sampler. Here is what I switched to:

Suggested: -------------------- What I used:

Weeks Dye Works (DMC) --------- DMC

Cocoa (611) ------------------- 550 V.Dk. Violet
Blue Spruce (520) ------------- 3842 Dk. Wedgewood
Rust (902) -------------------- 3845 Md. Bright Turquoise
Schneckley (680) -------------- 3837 Ultra Dk. Lavender
Molasses (839) ---------------- 3844 Dk. Bright Turquoise
Charcoal (3799) --------------- 310 Black

For the Swirls around, I used Kreinik Silver Braid, and Silver Beads in the open spots and centers of the black 'flowers'.

I hope that helps... I had to locate the chart, and luckily, I still had the post-it note inside with the conversion!

1 comment:

Abi said...

Thanks so much for posting the conversion! I love the colors you picked! Now its time to check if I have fabric I can use and start this project. :)