Tuesday, January 08, 2013

First finish of 2013!

I had my first finish of 2013! 

It was the 2013 Band Sampler by Kincavel Krosses. (freebie I found on-line.) It was 59 x 135, stitched on a 28ct. creme evenweave with DMC 3051 & 3750. I changed the dividing bands to specialty stitches - Smyrna cross, rice, eyelet, vertical oblong tied, star stitch and herringbone. I started it on 1/1/13, and finished on 1/8/13 !!!   I really like the way it turned out!


Now, I am knitting on the dreaded shoulder blanket.   It says it is a weekend project... but, I have been knitting on this for more than a year!  I will finish it, and it will be warm, but, I don't think I will ever knit with Lion Brand Homespun yarn again!

Happy Stitching... or whatever needleart you enjoy!!!

Myrna  >^..^<

1 comment:

Kell Smurthwaite said...

I love the colours you chose and the changes you made - it looks gorgeous! :)
Kell @ Kincavel Krosses