Saturday, February 19, 2011

UFO's do get finished!!

Hey there!! I guess all this forced disability time off is good for something! I finished up two (yes, two!) UFO's this week! They are both from my 2011 Challenge list.

The first finish for this week is Dutch Treat Designs "Harvest Grapes" Tabletopper. I am gifting this to my sister-in-law, as she saw it finished, and mentioned that she really liked it.





My second finish is Blackbird Designs "Blessings be Thine". This had a date on the chart of 2005, and that is probably when I started it, but, with the help of some friends, we decided it should have 2011 as the date, as that is when I finished it! I really like how this turned out.



And, since I have now finished three of my 2011 Challenge projects, I pulled out another UFO to add to the list. It is Blackbird Designs "Sweetheart Sampler". A little late for Valentine's Day this year, but, I can think of it as early for next year.



And for your viewing pleasure... some St. Patrick's themed pictures:





And, our ever present Turkey has been celebrating the holiday early it seems.... I don't see any green beer, but, that doesn't mean he hasn't been into some...




Happy stitching -- Spring should arrive eventually!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Lelia said...

congrats on the finishes!!! The TT is fantastic + love the BBD project. The Valentine or Sweetheart Sampler looks like a fun stitch. Your challenge list is getting shorter.
Cannot get over this weather, stay warm : )

Sharon said...

Congrats on completing some of your challenges. The finishes look wonderful. I love Blessings Be Thine!

Karen said...

Great job on your table topper! BB's Blessings be Thine is really pretty! It's awesome you are going back and working on some UFOs!

Carolyn said...

BEAUTIFUL finishes, Myrna! You are on a roll, girl! I have Blessings be Thine in my to start basket. After seeing yours, I may have to move it closer to the top. It's just beautiful. And I bet your SIL will be thrilled to death to receive the gorgeous tabletopper. :)